Check out these awesome slippers I made! This pair is for my oldest sister’s birthday, but I quickly whipped up an identical second pair for my cousin before she went back to California (she spent the summer with my mom in my hometown).
I used Mamachee’s Oma Slippers Pattern, and also her Jute Soles pattern for the bottoms!
Oma Slippers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/oma-house-slippers
Jute Soles: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jute-soles-in-14-sizes-toddler-to-men
So this is the pillow that I made a few days (weeks?) ago. It’s really super simple. The amount of time it took me to make was around 6 hours, mostly because I took a few breaks. There was even a point in time where I had to stop for a half hour because I was seeing almost double. I should probably mention, I was half tired for this project, I was on a deadline, and I’d been awake damn near 24 hours.
It’s a giraffe print fabric, with a slide open back so the pillow can easily be removed for washing.The light fringe goes all the way around the pillow and is made of a soft fleece. It was a commission from my sister, meant to be a gift for her best friend for Christmas/her birthday, as her birthday falls on the Christmas holiday.
Commonly Misused Terms To Know:
- Quilt - a bedcovering (traditionally) composed of more than two layers of fabric held together by stitches. Usually it is three layers; top fabric, padding, bottom fabric.
- Afghan - a blanket or covering (shawl) made of yarn. Can be either crocheted or knitted. It is often comprised of geometric shapes joined together to form a single piece. Is often called a “throw”.
- Throw - a light coverlet or ladies scarf/shawl. Also a term used in pottery, and thread weaving.
- Blanket - a piece of woven bedding, often used for warmth. Has many subcategories (quilts, coverlets, duvet, comforter, afghan, throw, etc).
- Bedspread - a bed cover that goes to, or close to, the floor. It covers the sides of the bed without use or need of a bed skirt.
- Comforter - a type of blanket that is usually large and rectangular that consists of a batting and covering/shell. Most often it is quilted.
- Sham - a covering that is designed to look like the item it is covering, most often used in reference used as a pillow cover.
I made a really simple (ish) pillow last night.
I’ll upload pictures tomorrow (later today, but.. yeah). :3